How to take your business to the next level in 2021?
First and foremost do a review of 2020
We are almost reaching the end of the year. It’s time to review your
achievement in the year – the results you hoped for and the results you
Write down 5 things that went right for you and why and 5 things that went
wrong and why. Can you learn any lessons from this?
Now’s the perfect time to plan for 2021 and make sure that 2021 is much
better than 2020 was
Here’s a simple 3X4X4 planning process that will make you more confident to
enter the next year and give peace of mind to enjoy Christmas holidays with
- Write down the 3 top goals you want to achieve, in order of priority.
- With each of the goals, write down where you are today and what is the
gap between where you are today and where you want to go.
- For each goal, what will be the 4 key actions you need to take
- The next step is to break down the actions into the 4 quarters of the
year and the outcomes you want to achieve at the end of each quarter.
- For Q1 have month wise plan with action items in month 1, 2 and 3 and
check if they are in sync with the results you want for the quarter.
- Do similar quarterly planning exercises 2 weeks before the next quarter starts.
- At the end of each quarter do a review of the outcomes and tweak the
action points to achieve the results for the next quarter.
This planning process is simple and effective but will need careful
thought and research on how the changes in the UK economy will affect
your business in the post Brexit era, with a new trade agreement with
But unless you spend time now looking ahead to 2021, your outcome for
2021 will be uncertain.
So finally it’s up to you to make sure your business succeeds and
prospers in 2021 and a key step to move into the next era for the UK, is
to take time to PLAN for 2021 now!!
Here’s to your success!