Hi, I’m Vijay Kasbekar
Business and performance CoacH
Because of my richly varied career in business, the brilliant people I’ve worked with over a 35 year career, and the invaluable corporate experience I’ve gained, I wake up every morning determined to empower my clients to become stronger, more confident business leaders.
I work with SMEs, business owners, corporate organisations, and professionals to maximise their potential . I support them so they can move ahead with a strategy and plan how to achieve their desired goals.
How Can I Help You Create Your Own Success Story?
I empower businesses and teams to help them develop a strategy for successful outcomes, including: future-proof performance improvement; effective team management (to meet team targets); and support them in defining, reaching, and surpassing business or personal targets.
How do I facilitate this level of success for my clients? Every person or team I work with is treated as an individual.
This approach carries through to my individual career coaching for professionals. I light the flame of ambition by giving people the right tools to succeed, such as vastly improved confidence, effective communication skills, and a crystal-clear view of future goals; and how those goals can be attained.
If you’d like to learn more about how I can help you achieve success in your desired results, please get in touch.
A LITTLE MORE ABOUT VIJAY
I’ve had the privilege of leading and developing large teams in an array of industries both in the UK and internationally, from information technology to diverse services companies. Alongside leadership positions, I’ve worked with individuals in sales, marketing, product development, HR and customer service.
My past experience has covered:
Mentoring business owners, SMEs and corporate executives in:
- Business development and increasing revenue streams to create long term growth and facilitate staff retention
- Maximising the bottom line and facilitating long term client relationships,
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Team building and effective communication skills
My experience says it all; I have the right resources, skills and approach to help you achieve success, reach your company or personal targets, and improve your performance.
My Journey To Coaching
My story begins four decades ago, when I was a young manager in a top multinational company in India. Before this I’d been studying in the US, immersing myself in the fast-paced world of technology and business theory, to obtain my MS from Stanford and MBA from Ohio.
I was full of ambition and energy and rose rapidly through the ranks, before taking the helm in establishing a company in the information technology sector in the UK.
An exciting career ahead… What could go wrong?
It was tough work, but the project was a success and I successfully extended the scope of our business to cover the UK and Europe. Buoyed by this experience, I went on to establish two other IT Services companies and grew them from nil to several million pounds turnover.
During this time I was looking after a variety of teams. We were meeting financial targets, but reflecting back there was no way I was getting the most from my team.
“It was a shock to discover this”
It was after a process of careful, lengthy self-analysis that I came to the realisation that I had been extremely stressed.
I was unable to effectively manage the constant pressure of delivering more profit for the company, and where do you think that stress went? As you might have guessed, it trickled down to affect my team.
It was a shock to discover that about myself. It was so unlike me; when I first started as a manager, I was all about supporting and nurturing my teams. What happened?
If only I’d had the right help
Knowing what I know now, I know exactly what happened. I had needed the support and guidance of a Business Coach; someone I could share the hurdles and obstacles I was facing.
I needed someone who could help me define and achieve my goals, guide me toward better practises, and sharpen up my skills. If I had, I imagine I would’ve enjoyed a more fulfilling and focused career at the time.
With this lesson learned, I spent the next decade working as a Business & Strategy Consultant. I collaborated with business owners and SMEs in the UK, guiding them in growth strategies, team development and customer focus to help them achieve their goals.
Some of my clients really began to flourish, and under my guidance grew to million pound businesses. This made me the most satisfied and fulfilled I’d ever felt in my career; I was on the right path.
Eventually, I became interested in the “human side” of consulting; coaching! As a Business and Performance Coach, I am deeply passionate about helping business owners and professionals, achieve success and fulfil their potential.
It’s been a long road, and I’ve been lucky enough to accrue a huge amount and variety of experience in the business and corporate world.
However, because of the nature of coaching (and how every client is completely unique!) I’m happy to say that I’m still improving and evolving everyday. After all there’s always more to discover in business.
My Approach To Coaching
My approach consists of honest, ongoing dialogue and will be as follows:
- We will first do an assessment and clarify where you are and what you want to achieve in business or in your professional life.
- We will work together to develop a strategy for getting to where you want to go, and I will support you in sticking to your plan.
- My intention in Coaching is to transform your behaviour; improving your skills and maximize your potential, creating a drive to achieve your desired goals.
- Help you become accountable and responsible for your own path to success.
- Make you aware of the things that are holding you back.
- Help in uncovering your hidden talents and strengths, which you will have developed through your past experiences.
- Help you to plan a structured approach which will allow us to create the kind of environment that enables you to learn and take action to achieve your desired results.
If you’re interested in knowing more about how my coaching can help you, please get in touch.
- MS (Mech. Eng.), Stanford University, California
- MBA, University of Cincinnati, Ohio
- BE (Mech. Eng.), University of Bombay
- Diploma In Personal Performance, The Coaching Academy of UK, accredited by ICF (International Coaching Federation).